Essay on International Women's Day in English For Students
Looking for an Essay on International Women's Day ?
Today, we are going to read a detailed essay on International Women's Day...
So, without further delay,
Let's begin our essay.
Essay on International Women's Day
International Women's Day History
International Women's Day (IWD) is celebrated every year on 8th March all over the world. It's a day to celebrate the social, cultural, political & economic achievements of women.
International Women's Day aims to aware people about the hardships faced by women & the rights of women. It also aims to promote gender equality in the world.
The first International Women's Day was celebrated in the year 1911 by Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, and Germany. United Nations also started celebrating the day from the year 1975. The first theme that was adopted in the year 1966 was "Celebrating the past, planning for the future."
Celebrating the international women's day is a way of expressing your love & gratitude towards the beautiful creation of God "Women''. It's to respect their rights, opinions, & freedom. The day teaches us how to be respectful towards women.
International Women's day is observed all over the globe to celebrate the velour of females. It's to make them fee special & proud of themselves.
International women's day allows women to raise & highlight their issues. It's a day to tell the world that women are no less than men. They should be given equal rights & opportunities as men. Women's day is a voice of the world for the women.
International women's day gives us a message that the role of women should not be only limited to doing home chores. They deserve equal freedom & rights in everything like men do have. It teaches us not to be biased against women. It promotes equality and justice regardless of gender.
There is a need of change in our behaviour towards women. They deserve freedom. We see how men are given more preference over women. This biased attitude needs to be changed. Everyone should be treated equally irrespective of gender.
International women's day is to make women feel their worth & value. We as a society need to fill the gap between men and women. This menace should be eradicated from our society & minds once for all.
Themes of International Women's Day
- 2013 - Time for action to end violence against women.
- 2014 - Equality for women is progress for all.
- 2015 - Empowering women, Empowering humanity: Picture it!
- 2016 - Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step it up for gender equality.
- 2017 - Women in the changing world of work: planet 50-50 by 2030.
- 2018 - Time is now: Rural and urban activists transforming women's lives.
- 2019 - Think equal, build equal, innovate for change.
- 2020 - I am generation equality: Realising women's rights.
- 2021 - Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in Covid-19 world.
- 2022 - Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow.
Essay Topics on International Women's day
- Importance of Women in our lives.
- Why do we celebrate international women's day.
- What is feminism and its significance.
- How to eliminate gender differences from our society.
- How to achieve women empowerment.
- The struggle of being a woman.
F&Q on International Women's Day
What is the theme of 2022 International Women's Day ?
Gender Equality Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow.
When is International Women's Day celebrated?
International Women's Day is celebrated on 8th March, every year all across the globe.
Why do we celebrate International Women's Day?
We observe International Women's Day to spread awareness about women's rights and fredom.
Thanks For Reading Essay on International Women's Day in English For Students
If you have any question regarding Essay on International Women's Day in English For Students, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you.
Also Read: Essay on National Youth Day