Essay on Agneepath Scheme in English For Students
There is so much fuss going on about the AGNEEPATH Scheme. Let's know what's The AGNEEPATH SCHEME & its benefits...
AGNEEPATH SCHEME ESSAY
What is agneepath recruitment scheme?
Agneepath scheme is a new scheme launched by government of India to recruit those candidates who are interested in serving India. The candidates will be recruited in India Army, Indian Navy, & Indian Airforce for four years. Those candidates who will be recruited under the said scheme will be called Agniveers.
The Agneepath Yojna was approved by the Indian government on June 2022. It will be implemented from September 2022. Both male and female aspirants can join the scheme. Under the aforementioned scheme, 45K - 50K candidates will be recruited every year for serving in the Indian Armed Forces. Out of the total candidates recruited, only 25 percent will be passed to serve for further 15 years under permanent commission.
Eligibility criteria for Agneepath Recruitment Scheme
- Those candidates who are between 17.5 - 21 years old can apply for the scheme (However, for the year 2022, the upper age limit is 23 years)
- Both males and females can apply.
Objective of the Agneepath Scheme
- The main objective of the scheme is to reduce unemployment rate in the country.
- It also aims to reduce the burden of salary and pension on the defence budget.
- Another objective of the scheme is to bring down the average age of military personnel.
Benefits of Agneepath Scheme?
- The scheme will provide aspirants an opportunity to don the uniform.
- More than 45,000 will be recruited under the agnipath scheme.
- It will also enable youth to pursue their higher education.
- 25 percent of the total candidates will be selected for permanent service under permanent comission.
- Agniveers will be paid 30,000 to 40,000 salary.
- The selected candidates will also be given Rs 11.71 lakh as Seva Nidhi Package after completing their tenure, which will be exempted from Income Tax.
What is agneepath scheme controversy?
Several protests have erupted at different places recently against the agneepath scheme. Many defence aspirants who want to serve in Indian Army have raised many concerns regarding the above mentioned scheme. They say that their future is not secure if they are recruited under The Agnipath Scheme. The scheme is also being criticized for government failing to give permanent jobs to the youth.
Agneepath Scheme F&Q
Who can join Agneepath Scheme?
Any Indian citizen of 17.5 - 21 years old.
Can Girls apply for Agneepath Recruitment Scheme?
Yes, girls can also be recruited under the scheme.
When will Agnipath recruitment start?
Agneepath recruitment will start from September 2020.
Thank you For Reading : What is Agnipath Scheme Its Benefits & Eligibility ?
If you are having any questions regarding The Agnipath Yojna, Please, feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Written by: Yawar Gulzar Baba