The present Tense Definition Structure and Examples
The present continuous Tense structure and examples
3. To denote repeated actions going on over some time at present, for example;
Nowadays, we are constructing a new house at home.
"What are you doing ?
" We are learning the tenses''
4. To denote changes, developments taking place around, For example;
The prices of Mobile Phones is increasing day by day.
Our English is improving gradually.
Structure of Present Continuous Tense
Examples of The Present Continuous Tense
- " Don't disturb me, I am studying.
- It is getting dark. Shall I turn on the light?
- I am looking for Christine. Have you seen her?
- They have demolished their house. So, they are Staying with their neighbors at present.
- "Are you coming Ann ?"
- "Yes, I am coming just now.''
- "Have you got an Umbrella? It is raining very hard"
- You are making a lot of noise. Could you be quieter for a while? I am trying to concentrate.
- Why are all these people here? What is happening?
- Why are you looking at me like that? What is the matter?
- "Thank God! my English is improving slowly but steadily.''
The present Perfect Structure and Examples
The present perfect structure
Examples of Present Perfect Tense
- Mona is looking for her cell phone. She has lost her cell phone.
- My friend can not walk as his leg is in plaster. He has broken it.
- "Do you know where Julia is ?'' - ''No I have not seen her since morning."
- Tim did not have a beard last month. Now he has a beard. He has grown a long beard.
- " What time is the teacher leaving?'' - He is not here. He has already left for home."
- "Are your friends arrived here yet?" -" "Yes, they have just arrived by Train."
The Present Perfect Continuous Tense Examples & Structure
The present perfect continuous structure
- We use "SINCE" with a point of time, for exampe;
- We use "FOR" with a period of time, for example;