Essay on Why Plastic Should be Banned in 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 Words
In the present era, plastic is the main cause of environmental pollution. Plastic is a non-biodegradable substance. Hence, plastic bags remain in the soil resulting in soil pollution. In this post, we are going to read why it is important to ban plastic.
Why Plastic Should Be Banned Essay
Plastic is the main reason behind environmental pollution. As plastic is non-biodegradable, it pollutes our environment very badly. It is a type of pollution that is creating havoc around the world. It is a threat to every ecosystem. Plastic not only affects humans but also other creatures. It is very essential to ban plastic.
Though the government has taken many major steps to alleviate the threat, we must take collective steps to save this earth from the threat. Common people can also do a lot in eradicating plastic once and for all. We should not use plastic bags. Instead, we can use cotton bags.
REASONS WHY PLASTIC SHOULD BE BANNED?
There are many harmful effects of using plastic. that is why many countries are taking strict measures against its usage. Some of the common reasons are as under:
Environmental impact: Plastic waste has a significant impact on the environment, including marine ecosystems. It can take hundreds of years to break down, and it often ends up in landfills or in the oceans, where it can harm wildlife and contribute to pollution.
- Health effects: Some types of plastic contain toxic chemicals that can be lethal and harmful to our health.
- Climate change: The production of plastic requires fossil fuels, which contribute to greenhouse gas emissions and climate change.
- Limited resources: Plastic is made from finite resources such as petroleum, which means that it is not a sustainable resource.
- Harmful for aquatic animals and plants: Plastic is very harmful to all of us. It not only affects humans but also aquatic and terrestrial plants and animals.
- Recycling limitations: Many types of plastic are difficult or impossible to recycle, leading to waste and environmental harm.
- Alternatives available: There are many alternative materials available for use in place of plastic, such as paper, glass, and biodegradable materials.
- Plastic also leads to soil pollution.
- It is a major cause of water pollution. it blocks drains as well.
- Every year thousand of animals and fishes die from consuming plastic products like polythene bags and plastic wrappers.
- Public demand: There is growing public demand for more sustainable and environmentally friendly options, leading to a push for plastic bans and reduced plastic use.
PLASTIC BAN MEASURES
- PLASTIC can not be implemented in one go. It is a process not a moment and we all should take it as a movement against this menace - plastic. Some of the major actions that can be taken to curb the usage of plastic are as under:
- Govt action: Government can play a pivotal role in banning plastic. It should pass strict laws against it.
- Corporate action: Companies and firms should come forward in this time of emergency and make commitments for replacing plastic with different alternative things.
- Consumer Action: We common people should also do our best by replacing plastic bags and other plastic products with eco-friendly alternatives.
- Education: Furthermore, we should educate our people about its harmful effects. Educational institutes should teach their students about its effects on our environment.
- Infrastructure changes: Governments and businesses can invest in infrastructure changes such as recycling facilities or composting systems to support the reduction of plastic use.
- Incentives: Governments and organizations can offer incentives to encourage companies and consumers to reduce plastic use and adopt sustainable alternatives.
- Penalties: Governments and organizations can impose penalties or fines on companies or individuals who violate plastic ban regulations.
CONCLUSION - WHY PLASTIC SHOULD BE BANNED ESSAY
To conclude the above essay, plastic is a major threat to our environment. It has a lot of harmful effects. Though we are aware of its negative effects, we underestimate this problem. We should take necessary measures to curb its harmful effects. We have to protect this earth from this menace.
Post a Comment